The Whitaker Group
We take our obligations concerning data protection seriously. Because of this, we are providing the following information so that you are aware how we collect and process your personal data.
What do we do?
We are approved and accredited vehicle body repairer that repairs accident damaged vehicles for individuals, motor insurance companies, managed repair networks, fleets and local businesses. We work with contracted specialists and vehicle dealerships that supply us with parts, paint, materials, and services to enable us to repair your vehicle.
What information do we collect and process?
To repair your vehicle it is necessary to receive from your insurer, fleet manager, company, or from you, necessary personal data. “Personal Data” is information about you which, either on its own or when connected with other data, allows us to identify you as an individual customer to provide you with our services. The personal data we hold may include the following:
- Your full name and contact information (address, town, postcode, email and phone number)
- Your credit card details and/or bank account details (if paying by cheque or bank transfer)
- Your purchase details (including time, date and cost, and VAT status and insurance excess)
- Your insurance company (if our work is part of an insurance claim)
- Your vehicle information (make, model, registration number)
- Your proof of identity (valid driving licence and/or passport)
- Your image on security CCTV around our site
- Your work address and contact information
- Your calls and correspondence with us
- Your feedback
Personal data may be collected from you or passed to us by your insurance company/fleet manager/vehicle recovery agent. However, some personal data may, where lawful to do so, or with your consent, be collected by us from third parties (e.g. DVLA to check speeding offences for use of courtesy vehicles).
Please note that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data, but not providing certain data could prevent us from serving you.
Why do we need your personal data?
We process personal data about you for several purposes, including:
- To organise specialist repair functions such as system recalibration with contracted third parties
- To follow up with you shortly after the repair to your vehicle to check everything is okay
- For internal record keeping (to be able to respond to customer enquiry and invoicing)
- To make an appointment with you to assess the accident damage on your vehicle
- For number plate recognition as part of our customer service and site security
- To process payments by credit/debit card or bank account details
- To remind or update you of progress or completion date
- To provide our services to you as requested or agreed
- To help us improve the services we offer
This list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time. We do not ‘trade’ in your personal data and will not sell or rent your details.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
We are approved by several vehicle manufacturers, insurance companies and accident management companies. We may share your basic personal data, such as name, claim number and vehicle details with the relevant company you are connected with to provide the service you have requested.
Your personal information may also be made available with third parties providing relevant services under contract to us, such as specialists in system recalibration, auditors, compliance managers, insurance companies, IT hosting, and maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf, in accordance with the services we have requested and terms imposed.
We may also disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law.
Do we get involved in direct marketing?
We do not take part in any direct marketing activities apart from requests for optional customer service feedback. We hope that the quality of our service and people will be enough for you to recommend us to others and view our website.
What rights do you have to amend personal data?
You have the right to review the personal data held by us and have inaccurate information about you corrected. To understand more about our data processing activities or to request access to your personal information please contact our customer support team.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We may keep your details on record for as long as it is necessary to meet record keeping requirements. We hold booking, invoice and email details for seven years. They are then deleted in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law.